In Case of a Property Loss

When you have a property loss it is import to take necessary steps to protect your property from further damage. If you need to make emergency repairs, please keep an accurate record of the repair expenses. When possible, retain the damaged property for inspection and take photos before trying to take any action.

 A lot of claims deal with the plumbing system releasing water into the structure. If this is a plumbing related loss it is important to shut off the water yourself or getting a professional to shut it off for you. This will assist in minimizing the damage.

If there is a substantial fire loss, your home or building will need to be boarded up to protect it from the elements and potential theft.

Make sure to check your insurance policy because some types of losses and the resulting damages are not covered by your insurance.

 Submit a claim to Hill Insurance and Investments as soon as possible.