Coverage and rates vary by company, so it pays to shop around. Use these tips to help you shop:
- Compare apples to apples. When comparing prices, make sure you’re comparing policies with similar coverage. A cheaper policy might provide less coverage.
- Tell your agent about all your worksites to make sure you’re fully covered.
- Keep shopping if an insurance company turns your down. Insurance companies have different standards for deciding whether to sell someone a policy. You might be able to find a company willing to insure you even if another company won’t.
- Consider factors other than price. An insurance company’s financial rating indicates how strong the company is financially. Its complaint index is a measure of its customer service.
- Buy only from licensed companies. If you buy from an unlicensed company, your claims might not get paid. To learn whether a company or agent is licensed, call us.