What to do when I get in an accident:
Gather the facts of the accident (This includes but is not limited to):
– Make sure everybody is alright.
– Do not admit guilt or responsibility.
– Recorded Statements of those involved in loss and witnesses.
– Obtain Police Reports.
– Obtain Injury Reports.
– Take photos of the accident.
– Report the accident to your insurance agent.
What to do after an accident:
Submit your claim. Please only submit your claims once, as multiple submissions can delay the claims process.
– Contact your insurance agent.
– Review Coverages.
– Review facts of loss.
– Get the Police to inspect the loss.
– Provide all information to your claims adjuster.
After you submit your claim, you will be assigned your own personal adjuster who will help you resolve your claim; your adjuster will be with you from the time you submit your claim until it is fully resolved. Your adjuster will be gathering facts about your coverage and claim, so please be patient. You will receive a call as soon as the basic information has been gathered. This helps speed up the claim and can, in some cases, make it so only one call is necessary.
Disclaimer: All claims have differing facts and need special attention. Your claims may not be handled exactly like the aforementioned. This web-site is for informational purposes only, and does not represent actual steps taken for all claims. Always contact your adjuster for information on your personal claim.